In Victoria, JMA works closely with Government Agencies and has extensive knowledge of the new Emergency Management Amendment (Critical Infrastructure Resilience) Act 2004 which commenced on 1st July 2015. The new legislation requires Owners / Operators who have been declared as “Vital Infrastructure” to comply with specific requirements including;
- Implement a risk management planning process, in accordance to the prescribed standard that achieves the requirements of the “Resilience Improvement Cycle”
- Annually submit to Government a Statement of Assurance that outlines the process and plans to manage identified risks.
- Develop, conduct and evaluate an exercise to test the operation of their risk management processes.
- Perform an audit of their risk management processes, along with an audit plan, audit certificate and findings to government, providing assurance that risk management processes are robust.
- Provide annual “positive assurance” to the relevant portfolio department that all actions identified at the start of the Resilience Improvement Cycle, and remedial activity identified through testing and validation, have been performed.
The Staff at JMA have the experience, proven capability and qualifications to assist organisations complete all the requirements of the Resilience Improvement Cycle.
In Queensland, the staff at JMA has previously worked with a number of Security Identified Surface Transport Operators, Rail Operators and Water authorities and has extensive knowledge of the Security and Emergency Management relevant to the State of Queensland.
The team at JMA has the necessary qualification, skills and industry experience that can deliver the range of required services to meet and often exceed the current legislative compliance requirements and challenges that may impact on operators. We have worked extensively with government and emergency services throughout Australia and can provide the following capabilities:
- Vast experience in security and emergency management planning
- Many years of practicable experience in security and emergency management
- High rate of annual re-engagement by current clients
- Excellent knowledge of relevant emergency / security legislation and Australian Standards
- Qualified consultants to deliver high quality projects
- Preferred supplier to Public Transport and Utilities operators
- Professional delivery by competent and qualified consultants